In Pakistan where extremist forces wield increasing influence over political, social, and economic institutions, women face impediments to their basic freedoms and civil rights. We believe that Pakistani women possess capacity for transforming the patriarchal society to more open and tolerant society, accepting diverse religious, political, and social standpoints.
WISE presents the issues facing women who live them each day and amplify women’s voices—a guaranteed way to contribute to a more equitable and just world. WISE regularly organize/ participate in gender actions and international women day activities. We are actively contributing to local as well as global women’s rights movements in which women and their supporters are setting the agenda for change. We believe women actions are creating global awareness of the benefits of investing in women and in those who challenge systems perpetuating gender inequality.
- Seminar “We are not oppressed” at Lahore College of Women University (May 18, 2015)
- WISE dedicates International Women Day to drought-hit women and children of Tharparkar in Shahdara (March 08, 2014)
- Provincial Convention on Reclaiming Women Right to Land- Attaining Gender Justice in Lahore (December 30, 2013)
- Provincial Consultation on Claiming Women Right to Land & Inheritance in Lahore (November 06, 2012)
- International Women Day: Press Release on Women urge provincial governments to pass law against domestic violence (March 07, 2012)
- Demonstration on the Day against Debts to third world countries in Lahore (October 14, 2011)
- Demonstration on International Labor Day: Marchers demand social protection to informal sector women workers (May 01, 2011)
- Press Release:Women’s rights activists, gender experts support devolution of Ministry of Women Development (April 12, 2011)